Thursday, September 1, 2011

Canning...

Its one of my favorite times of the year. When I get to do some canning and preserving for the months are garden is not in bloom or season. I tried to do more of the gardening part this year, yes I planted with Olivia's help. I am not usually found planting. It wasn't too bad. :) I even planted lots of flowers this year too. Things I try to grow..usually die. The whole reason I don't have house plants. My thumbs are not green, trying to turn them. Our tomatoes did get blithe again. We sprayed but it was too late. They rotted before they ripened. So that was disappointing. I didn't get to can any tomato stuff last year. Thanks to family and local farmers I have been able to find some tomatoes to make juice and salsa. I planted banana, jalapeno, bell and chile peppers, of course I have an over load this year. So I am freezing and canning them too. So far we have froze corn and blueberries, canned green beans, juice, salsa, banana peppers, chile peppers. Still have to do more beans, peppers, salsa, peaches and apples stuff later. 

Here are a few pics of fresh out of the garden...I think its pretty. :) Plus I have my helpers, which are beautiful!









 Dad put a flower garden in for me this year. It's on the side of the house. The flowers did awesome. I made so many trips to different flower places getting plants and flowers. It was fun. I am not an expert on flowers and plants so it was neat to see them all do good and not die on me. I am going to have to get a picture of it now. The flowers are very full and pretty.









No comments:

Post a Comment